Stacey Johnston, MMC, City Clerk
Phone: 941-708-5800, ext. 226
The Office of the City Clerk shall be the custodian of records of the City and shall be responsible for the proper administration of all affairs concerning the records of the city placed under the City Clerk's authority under the City's Charter or by local ordinance, or as other required by general law.
The City Clerk shall:
- Serve as the clerk to the City Commission and recorder of all their official actions.
- Serve as the election official of the city.
- Be custodian of the city seal and authenticate documents of the city where required by ordinance or general law.
- Maintain codification of city ordinances.
- Attest all ordinances, resolutions, bonds, contracts, and other instruments on behalf of the city.
- Administer and oversee the city's records and information management including, but not limited to, records, indexing, digitizing, and retention/archiving scheduling per applicable law.
- Provide supervision, training, and professional development of all employees within the office of the city clerk.
- Perform such other administrative and records related services by direction of the Mayor in accordance with law, the Charter, ordinance, or resolution of the commission.
- Perform such other fiscal services by direction of Mayor in accordance with law, the Charter, ordinance, or resolution of the commission.
Local Business and Rental Tax Receipts, T-End and Sunrise dock rentals, and Temporary Use Permits are also issued through the City Clerk's office.
The City Clerk's Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
The City of Holmes Beach aims to provide full accessibility to our programs, services, and activities unless doing so changes the fundamental nature of the program, service, or activity, or it creates an undue administrative or financial burden. If you are not able to access any of the content of this website, please email the City Clerk at email@example.com or call ADA Coordinator at 941-708-5800, ext. 226 so that we can provide a solution or provide the information in an accessible format.